6/10/2012

3 Bites of Heaven

"Put 'eat chocolate' at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done."
-Author Unknown

This is a quick, bite-sized dessert that is pretty darn easy to make.  The only trouble you'll have is stopping after the first one!  I had some leftover fruit dip from my daughter's 4th birthday party, and I hate to let good food like that waste, so I had to use it somehow.  The cookies I used can be found at Meijer grocery stores (at least the one near here) with the ice cream toppings.  If you can't find them and absolutely want to make these, I know you can order them through Amazon...in bulk!  The toppings can be as unique as you like.

3 Bites of Heaven

Nabisco Famous Wafers (chocolate)
2-8oz bricks Philadelphia Cream Cheese (no reduced fat, please)
tall jar Jet-Puffed marshmallow creme (you can sub in a store brand here)
toppings (sliced fruit: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, mandarin oranges, etc; chips/nuts: mini chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, butterscotch, slivered almonds, pecans, walnuts; sauce: chocolate, caramel, butterscotch)

1. Bring cream cheese to room temp.  Cream it in a large mixing bowl.  Add all the marshmallow creme and beat til combined and smooth.
2. Chill the dip, but first eat a spoonful just to taste the deliciousness!
3. Turn a wafer upside down, spread about 1 Tbs fruit dip on it taking care not to get it too close to the edge (you have to have something to hold onto), and then top anyway you please.  I didn't have many options the day I made this one, so it was mini chips for me!
















06/13/12 - And this is what I had thought about originally for the toppings.


No comments:

Post a Comment