11/02/2012

Easy Spaghetti Sauce

"So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being."
– Franz Kafka

This is my version of spaghetti sauce.  I didn't have any store bought sauce once early in my marriage, and we wanted spaghetti, so I improvised.  It is super easy and quick to make.  My kids still prefer bought sauce, but I make this whenever we're out.

Easy Spaghetti Sauce


1 14.5oz can tomato sauce
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
1 6oz can tomato paste
1/4 cup Parmesan
1/4-1/3 cup Tone's Spicy Spaghetti seasoning (I didn't have enough, so I used ~3Tb + 1Tb Italian)
Salt and pepper to taste
1lb angel hair or spaghetti




1.  Mix together everything except pasta.


2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.  I break my spaghetti in half so it fits in the pot better.


3. When the sauce comes to a bubble (be careful of splattering!), turn it down to keep it warm until the pasta is done.  Drain the pasta and return it to the pot you cooked it in.  Pour on sauce and toss to coat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment