1/10/2014

Pink Stuff

"I've read hundreds of cookbooks. Most of those cookbooks don't even tell you how to get a steak ready, how to bake biscuits or an apple pie."
- Colonel Sanders

Like Col. Sanders, I've seen many a cookbook that doesn't tell you how to do jack-squat that you want to know how to do.  Preserving the recipes of my childhood is part of why I started this blog.  I want to have all my favorites in one place, but I want to share them with you, too.  Who knows, maybe you'll stumble across one of your favorites you've never known how to make.  This recipe is a variation on many dessert "salads."  It is not a Jell-O salad, it is not a fruit salad.  It is most definitely a dessert, very sweet, very unique.  Thanksgiving dinner is not complete without a bowl of this, and my uncles will protest if it turns up missing as it did one year not so long ago when my mom thought no one ate it much anymore.  The ingredients are pantry staples (at least in our house), and it literally takes about 5 minutes to whip up.  I'm sure there is a formal name for this somewhere, but for all intents and purposes we have always called it simply Pink Stuff.

Pink Stuff


1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can crushed pineapple
1 can cherry pie filling
1 8oz tub Cool Whip (room temperature)

1.  Drain the crushed pineapple well.


2.  Mix together drained pineapple, cherry pie filling, and condensed milk.


3.  Fold in the Cool Whip carefully so as not to deflate its whippiness.



4.  Spoon into a bowl and chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment